Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150 30 caps
Product Video: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb
Directions: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
Take 1 capsule daily.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
- A double-blind, comparative controlled study measured the relative bioavailability of Coenzyme Q10 with the VESIsorb® delivery system compared to CoQ10 products: *The study concluded that VESIsorb® improved CoQ10 absorption by 622% compared to an oil-based formulation (Figures One and Two). Bioavailability of CoQ10 is low due to its poor solubility in water. VESIsorb® improves absorption by imitating the naturally occurring mixed micellar transport system in the human body. The CoQ10 is microscopically and evenly dispersed throughout the VESIsorb® delivery system allowing the transport of CoQ10 through the GI lumen to the absorptive epithelium.1
- Cellular energy production: CoQ10 supports healthy mitochondrial function by assisting with energy production and protecting mitochondrial membranes from free radical damage.8 A double-blind, placebo-controlled study found that athletes supplementing with CoQ10 measured all indexes of physical performance as significantly improved. 94% of athletes had an improvement in their performance and recovery compared to only 33% in the placebo group (Figure Three).5
- Heart health: Mitochondria are abundant in cardiomyocytes providing adequate ATP production for healthy cardiovascular function.5 Several clinical trials have shown CoQ10 to reduce the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. CoQ10’s protective effect on LDL oxidation may be in part due to its potent free radical scavenging activity in lipid and mitochondrial membranes.3 CoQ10 may also help to support healthy blood pressure in healthy people, by improving endothelium-dependant vasodilation and ß-adrenoceptor-mediated arterial relaxation.7
Excipients: *VESIsorb®, Gelatin, Glycerol, Water-purified, NI colours.
Figure One: Co-enzyme Q10 Absorption with VESIsorb® Technology.
Figure Two: VESIsorb® Increases Absorption of CoQ10 by 622% Compared to Oil-based CoQ10.
Figure Three: CoQ10 Improves Physical Performance and Recovery.
Ingredients: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
|Each Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150 capsule contains:|
|Ubidecarenone (Coenzyme Q10)||150 mg|
Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb is free from corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, starches and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Warnings: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
Do not take while on warfarin therapy without medical advice.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cautions and Contraindications: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
- None of note
Moderate Level Cautions
- Anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs: CoQ10 is structurally similar to vitamin K and may have vitamin K-like procoagulant effects. Four cases of decreased warfarin efficacy thought to be due to CoQ10 have been reported. However, there is some preliminary clinical research that suggests CoQ10 might not significantly decrease the effects of warfarin in patients that have a stable international normalised ratio (INR). Use with caution in patients taking warfarin and monitor INR as well as potential adverse bleeding experiences.116,117 At this time there is no evidence for this effect of CoQ10 with other types of anticoagulants.
- Chemotherapy/Radiotherapy: Although antioxidants are used to reduce chemotherapy toxicity, it has generally been thought that antioxidants may interfere with chemotherapy and/or radiotherapy by decreasing the efficacy of the treatment. However, recent studies have found that antioxidants are safe to use in conjunction with these treatments. It is still advisable to check with a patient’s oncologist before recommending a formula containing antioxidants.118,119
Low Level Cautions
- None of note.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
- Appropriate to use in pregnancy and breastfeeding
References: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
116 Natural Medicines. Coenzyme Q10. [Online]. 2015. Available from: https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbssupplements/ professional.aspx?productid=934#interactionsWithDrugs. [Cited 20/12/16].
117 Gaby AR. Interaction by Herb or Vitamin. A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions. 2nd ed. New York: Three Rivers Press. 2006:281.
118 Simone CB 2nd, Simone NL, Simone V, Simone CB. Antioxidants and other nutrients do not interfere with chemotherapy or radiation therapy and can increase kill and increase survival, part 1. Altern Ther Health Med. 2007 Jan-Feb;13(1):22-28.
119 Simone CB 2nd, Simone NL, Simone V, Simone CB. Antioxidants and other nutrients do not interfere with chemotherapy or radiation therapy and can increase kill and increase survival, part 2. Altern Ther Health Med. 2007 Jan-Feb;13(1):28-39.
Storage: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
Store below 30° C
FAQ's: Metagenics Bio Q-Absorb 150
Q1 What is the difference between Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb 150 and Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb Ubiquinol?
A Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb 150 contains CoQ10 in the form of Ubidecarenone which is converted in the body to Ubiquinol which is the active form. This is more suitable for younger people.
Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb Ubiquinol contains CoQ10 in the form of Ubiquinol-10 which is the active form and does not need to be converted in the body. This is better as we age because with age we are less efficient at converting Ubidecarenone to Ubiquinol.
Q2 What are the benefits of water-soluble?
A Both the above forms are water soluble and are six times more absorbable than other forms of CoQ10 which are fat soluble. See the video in the Product Video TAB.
Q3 If Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb Ubiquinol is unavailable can I swap to Bio-Q Absorb 150?
A You can swap from Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb Ubiquinol to Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb 150 however you may need to take two capsules of Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb 150 to get the same benefits of Metagenics Bio-Q Absorb Ubiquinol depending on your age. See Q1 above.