Metagenics Infla-Mood 60 capsules
Directions: Metagenics Infla-Mood
Adults and children over 12 years:
Take 1 capsule twice daily with food.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics Infla-Mood
- Extensively clinically trialled ingredients, shown to be as effective as, and able to be used alongside, pharmaceutical SSRIs without negative effects.6,7,8,9
- Two clinical trials on BCM-95 turmeric and four on saffron show these ingredients, at doses found in Infla-mood, to be as effective as pharmaceuticals in supporting healthy mood. In a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial 60 patients with low mood were treated with 25.0 g BCM-95 turmeric per day or a pharmaceutical selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) for 6 weeks. BCM-95 turmeric was found to be as effective as the SSRI for supporting healthy mood.10 Similarly, in a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of 30 patients with low mood, 90 mg saffron per day was shown to be as effective as a pharmaceutical tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) in supporting healthy mood.11
- Inflammation up-regulates enzymes and pathways involved in mood. An animal study has shown that activation of inflammatory pathways via nuclear factor – ƙB (NF-ƙB) and mitogen activated protein kinases (MAPk) has been implicated in the pathophysiology of low mood. NF-ƙB leads to increased release of interferon-gamma and other cytokines, which eventually lead to dysregulation of the HPA axis, impaired metabolism of monoamine neurotransmitters (i.e. serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline) and reduced neuronal plasticity.12
- Curcumin and saffron address multiple contributors to low mood. Curcumin has shown, in animal studies, to increase neurogenesis, potentially via modulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and by increasing brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) production in the brain.13 It also:
- Is a potent antioxidant
- Modulates immuno-inflammation
- Provides significant neuroprotection
- Influences monoamine transmission through its effect on serotonergic and dopaminergic activity.14
- Saffron is suggested, in animal studies, to support healthy mood by:
- Maximising natural levels of monoamines in the brain
- Reducing glutamate activity in the brain via N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonism
- Enhancing neurogenesis via improved BDNF signalling.15
Ingredients: Metagenics Infla-Mood
|Each capsule contains:|
|Extracts equivalent to:|
|Curcuma longa, rhizome dry (BCM-95 Turmeric)||12.5g|
|Crocus sativus, stigma dry (Saffron)||45mg|
Metagenics Infla-Mood free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, and salt. Metagenics Infla-Mood free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Warnings: Metagenics Infla-Mood
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: email@example.com.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Storage: Metagenics Infla-Mood
Store below 30° C