Medlab BifidoBiotic 50 60vc
Dose & Administration: Medlab BifidoBiotic 50
Adults: two (2) capsules daily. Capsules not to be given to children under 4 years of age, to be administered as directed by your healthcare professional. Take Bifidobiotic™ at least 2 hours apart from prescription drugs.
Details: Medlab BifidoBiotic 50
Medlab BifidoBiotic is a scientifically formulated combination of bifidobacteria species to support the health and function of the intestinal microbiome across the lifespan.
- Bifidobacteria species may help to re-regulate pro-inflammatory cytokine levels and support a healthy immune response.
- Bifidobacterium species have been documented to decrease in number, with the increasing age of the host, contributing to a decline in immune system efficacy associated with ageing.
- Bifidobacterium longum, and Bifidobacterium bifidum influence beneficial host-gene expression of immune cells in the intestinal mucosa.
- Bifidobacterium infantis has been demonstrated in clinical trials to normalise intestinal permeability, improve gastrointestinal health conditions and improve the symptoms of diarrhoea-associated irritable bowel syndrome.
Features/Indications: Medlab BifidoBiotic 50
- For the symptomatic relief of medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome.
- Aids, assists or helps in the maintenance of general well-being.
- Supplementation of bifidobacteria has been shown to provide protection against infection, and stimulate the production of beneficial metabolites including Short Chain Fatty Acids (SCFA), Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and bacteriocins.
- Bifidobacteria have been shown to inhibit the adherence of enterotoxigenic E. coli, enteropathogenic E. coli, and C. difficile to intestinal epithelial cells.
- Bifidobacteria species may reduce gastrointestinal side effects of antibiotics.
- Disturbances in the gut microbiota have been linked to the pathophysiology of IBS. Bifidobacterium species have been shown to be decreased in the microbiota of people with IBS compared with healthy controls.
- Alterations in the composition and number of bifidobacteria have been associated with several gastrointestinal conditions including IBS and IBD.
- Bifidobacteria species have been shown to alleviate symptoms of IBS and are associated with the regulation of pro and anti-inflammatory cytokines.
- Major physiological and lifestyle changes occur in the elderly, which impact on the composition of the functionality of the intestinal microbiota. The reduced number and diversity of bifidobacteria in the elderly suggests that probiotic supplementation may be beneficial in this population.
- Due to age related changes in the microbiome, bifidobacteria supplementation may support immunological and metabolic function in the elderly.
- Provides the species B. bifidum, B. longum, and B. longum ssp infantis which are the predominant species in full-term, healthy breast-fed infants.
- Supplementation with bifidobacteria may support formula fed infants. The use of infant formula feed may delay the development of immunological tolerance to environmental and bacterial antigens in the neonatal innate immune system.
Ingredients & Excipients: Medlab BifidoBiotic 50
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS||PER TWO CAPSULES CONTAINS|
|Bifidobacterium longum subsp. Infantis (Med 14)||30 billion CFU*|
|Bifidobacterium longum (Med 15)||10 billion CFU*|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum (Med 11)||10 billion CFU*|
*CFU: Colony Forming Units
- Magnesium stearate
- Dose & Administration
Cautions/Contra-Indications: Medlab BifidoBiotic 50
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
BifidoBiotic has low risk of side effects when taken as directed. Refer to CMI for more information.
As BifidoBiotic contains probiotic strains, taking antibiotics along with probiotics can reduce the effectiveness. To avoid this interaction, take BifidoBiotic™ at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics.