Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1 500ml
Traditional and Empirical Usage: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Mistletoe, originating from the Celtic name meaning ‘all-heal’, has been used as a traditional medicine in Europe for centuries to treat various diseases like:
- cardiovascular disorder
Constituents: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
- Current phytochemical studies have shown that lectins, hetero-dimeric glycoproteins, polysaccharides, viscotoxins, alkaloids, lipids, triterpenes, peptides, flavonoids, cyclitols and amines are principal bioactive phytochemicals of mistletoe.
- The phytochemical profile of mistletoe depends on the host trees of this plant.
- Being a semiparasitic plant normally found growing on a variety of trees, especially pine, poplar, oak, apple trees, locust trees etc.), mistletoe can biosynthesise its own compounds but it can also take some nutrients from the host trees.
- It has been suggested that pharmacologically active compounds may pass from the host trees to the parasitic plants.
- So far literature studies haven’t revealed exactly what compounds are only biosynthesised by mistletoe and that could be taken from the host trees.
Actions: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Indications: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
- Adjuvant for cancer therapy
Toxicity: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Use In Pregnancy: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Contraindicated due to possible emmenagogue and abortifacient effects.
Contraindications and Cautions: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Drug Interactions: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Administration and Dosage: Herbal Extract Company Mistletoe 1:1
Liquid extract 1:1 in 30% alcohol: 20 to 60mL weekly, taken with or after a meal.
1.5 to 2 mL twice per day depending on the person = 21 to 42mL per week.