Metagenics NeuroCalm Is A Herbal Blend Beneficial During Times Of Stress, Nervous Tension And Mild Anxiety
Size: 120 tablets (40 days) and 60 tablets (20 days)
Herbs in Metagenics NeuroCalm have been clinically shown to or traditionally used for:
- Patients feeling anxious and tense.1
- Reduce anxiety during times of stress.2,3
- Modulate GABA and neurotransmitter pathways.4
- Tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.5
- Without impairing cognition.6
- May encourage balance between glutamate and GABA.7,8
- Contains therapeutic levels of Zizyphus, Kudzu, Magnolia and Passionflower.
- Passionflower, in traditional Western medicine, is used for tension, anxiety, irritability and insomnia.5 A constituent that contributes to this effect is apigenin, which has been shown to bind to central benzodiazepine receptors causing anxiolytic effects without impairing cognition.6
- Zizyphus and magnolia have been shown in animal studies to modulate neurotransmitter activity via receptor site binding. Interactions have been demonstrated between these herbs and adenosine, dopamine, serotonin and GABA benzodiazepine receptors. Honokiol from magnolia has exhibited anxiolytic effects in animals via interaction with GABA-A receptors and without causing motor dysfunction or CNS suppression. Honokiol may also inhibit catecholamine secretion and enhance cholinergic function. It is via these modulating actions that ingredients in Metagenics NeuroCalm may encourage balance between the excitatory effects of glutamate and the calmative effects of GABA (Figure One).7,8
Figure One: Metagenics NeuroCalm may Encourage Balance between GABA and Glutamate.
Metageincs NeuroCalm contains therapeutic levels of herbs per tablet.
|Each tablet contains:|
|Extracts equivalent to:|
|Ziziphus jujuba var. spinosa, seed dry (Zizyphus)||3.0g|
|Pueraria lobata, root dry (Kudzu vine)||2.0g|
|Magnolia officinalis, stem bark dry (Magnolia)||1.5g|
|Passiflora incarnata, herb dry (Passion flower)||1.3g|
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Image 1: Metagenics NeuroCalm Contains Zyzyphus 3000 mg per Tablet | HealthMasters
Image 2: Metagenics NeuroCalm Contains Kudzu Vine 2000 mg per Tablet | HealthMasters
Figure 3: Metagenics NeuroCalm Contains Magnolia Bark 1500 mg per Tablet | HealthMasters
Figure 4: Metagenics NeuroCalm Contains Passion Flower 1300 mg per Tablet | HealthMasters