Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep Review
Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep Review
The following information regarding Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep is provided by Naturopath Kevin Tresize ND for the benefit of patients. Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep is available on this website for patients and for people who have a practitioner recommendation.
To buy Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep click on a link.
Psssion Flower is a herbal ingredient in NeuroCalm Sleep
Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep For Insomnia And Mild Anxiety
Ingredients in Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep have been clinically shown or traditionally used:
- For insomnia - for a restful sleep, to get to sleep faster and stay asleep longer.1,2,3
- To relieve mild anxiety, tension and worry.4,5
- Fast acting, high strength, non-habit forming herbs.
- NeuroCalm Sleep has sedative qualities which relieve insomnia and mild anxiety. California poppy has traditionally been used for its sedating effects, therefore contributing to a calm and restful sleep.6 Animal studies have suggested this sedative effect may be due to its ability to bind to GABA receptors and activate them.6Lavender oil also acts via GABA receptors and provides additional calming effects by moderating production of stress hormones such as adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), which stimulates cortisol production.7,8 Passion flower has an anxiolytic effect by affecting GABA neurotransmitter pathways.9 Flavonoids from passion flower bind to the stress receptor sites of the GABAA receptor.10 Zizyphus’ calming effects come from its ability to increase the effect of GABA.11 GABA is a calming neurotransmitter and its activity promotes sleepiness and relaxation.12
- NeuroCalm Sleep reduces effects of excitatory neurotransmitters. Linalool from lavender oil inhibits acetylcholine release and glutamate binding in the cerebral cortex.13 Its ability to ease tension and promote a restful sleep come from this ability to alter excitatory neurotransmitters such as glutamate and noradrenaline.14 Zizyphus also reduces the neuroexcitatory effects of glutamate thus reducing wakefulness and alertness.15,16
|Each tablet contains:|
|Extracts equivalent to:|
|Ziziphus jujuba var. spinosa, seed dry (Zizyphus)||5.0g|
|Passiflora incarnata, herb dry (Passion flower)||2.0g|
|Eschscholzia californica, herb flowering dry (California poppy)||750mg|
|Piscidia piscipula, root bark dry (Jamaica dogwood)||750mg|
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast and soy protein. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
For mild anxiety: Take 1 tablet twice daily with food.
Take 2 tablets once daily with your evening meal.
Antidepressant medications: Zizyphus, California poppy and lavender may have additive effects, however beneficial interaction is likely under professional supervision. Monitor, and do not exceed recommended dosage.
Barbiturates: Magnolia and passionflower might increase the risk of drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle, or if involved in activities requiring mental alertness.
Benzodiazepines and CNS depressants: California poppy and zizyphus may have additive sedative effects. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle, or if involved in activities requiring mental alertness. Monitor, and do not exceed recommended dose.
Diarrhoea: Zizyphus may exacerbate diarrhoea. Use with caution in people with severe diarrhoea.
Surgery: Due to CNS depressant effects and theoretical additive effects with anaesthesia or sedatives, it has been recommended that sedative herbs, such as California poppy, passionflower and lavender, should be discontinued at least 2 weeks before elective surgical procedures.
For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: email@example.com
Allergies and Sensitivities: Avoid in patients with known allergy/hypersensitivity to Zizyphus spp., its constituents, or members of the family Rhamnaceae (buckthorn) and Jamaican dogwood and/or members of the Fabaceae family.
Some components of some zizyphus species may cross react with latex IgE; those with severe latex allergy may react to zizyphus fruits.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Pregnancy: Contraindicated in pregnancy. Lavender has been found to stimulate uterine contractions in an animal model. Zizyphus may also have uterine-stimulating activity. Avoid use during pregnancy.
Store below 30° C
Other Metagenics naturopathic medicines which can be taken to enhance the benefits of Metagenics NeuroCalm and Metagenics NeuroCalm Sleep.
Metagenics NeuroCalm and Metagenics Neurocalm Sleep are effective naturopathic medicines when taken separately or together. However, in some people there are other naturopathic medicines needed to overcome the symptoms. For more information see the links below:
FIGURE ONE: NeuroCalm Sleep may encourage the balance between GABA and Glutamate