Metagenics Omega Brain Plus 190ml
Directions: Metagenics Omega Brain Plus
Shake well before opening.
Take 5.0 mL (1 metric teaspoon or by measuring cap) twice daily.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics Omega Brain Plus
- Omega Brain Plus provides 1000 mg of DHA per teaspoon. DHA is required for brain and cognitive development5 and has been shown to modulate functional activity in cortical attention networks.6 Ex-vivo research has demonstrated a dose dependent increase in erythrocyte DHA composition. A 47% increase was observed after a 400 mg dose compared to a 70% increase after 1200 mg supplementation. 7
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a key constituent of brain and nerve cell membranes and may help to improve memory in people with age-related cognitive decline.8,9 A double-blind, placebo controlled study using 494 patients, over the age of 65, examined the benefits of 300 mg of PS on men and women with moderate to severe age-related cognitive decline.10 Significant improvements in behaviour and cognitive performance, including memory recall, were distinguished in the PS group, compared to placebo (see Figure Two).11
- Omega Brain Plus contains sustainably sourced* tocotrienols which may be beneficial in reducing DNA free radical damage.12 Tocotrienols are members of the vitamin E family.13 A dose of 160 mg of tocotrienols per day has been shown to provide significant reductions in DNA free radical damage as trialled in 64 patients compared to no changes in the placebo group.14
Figure One: Dose-dependent DHA erythrocyte uptake.15
- McNamara RK, et al. Docosahexaenoic acid supplementation increases prefrontal cortex activation during sustained attention in healthy boys: a placebo-controlled, dose-ranging, functional magnetic resonance imaging study Am J Clin Nutr. 91(4):1060-7. 2010
Figure Two: Improvements in Memory Recall with Phosphatidylserine Supplementation.16
- Cenacchi T, et al. Cognitive decline in the elderly: a double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter study on efficacy of phosphatidylserine administration. Aging (Milano). 5(2):123-33. 1993
Ingredients: Metagenics Omega Brain Plus
|Each Metagenics Omega Brain Plus 5 mL dose contains:|
|Concentrated Omega-3 triglycerides - fish||2.3g|
|- Equivalent Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)||253mg|
|- Equivalent Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||1.0g|
|- Equivalent Phosphatidyl choline||520mg|
|Lecithin liquid - soy phosphatidylserine-enriched soy||750mg|
|- Equivalent Soy phosphatidylserine||150mg|
|Tocotrienols complex - palm||80mg|
|- Equivalent Vitamin D3||500IU|
Metagenics Omega Brain Plus is free from corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, starches and salt. Metagenics Omega Brain Plus is free from artificial colours and preservatives.
Sweetened with steviol glycosides
* Derived from sustainable sourced palm oil.
Warnings: Metagenics Omega Brain Plus
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: email@example.com.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Storage: Metagenics Omega Brain Plus
Store below 30° C.
After opening store at 2° C to 8° C. (Refrigerate. Do not freeze.)