Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
Directions: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
To calm the mind and support emotional wellbeing:
Take one tablet twice daily with food.
In times of acute, mild anxiety:
Take two capsules daily with food.
Benefits: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
- Lavender and lemon balm are shown to be as effective as pharmaceuticals in reducing anxiety. A 2020 clinical trial involving 45 patients with low mood showed that the administration of lavender and lemon balm over 8 weeks were both equally as effective as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) in reducing feelings of anxiety, sexual dysfunction and decreased appetite.3 In further research, administration of 160 mg of lavender oil daily was superior in lowering the Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale (HAMA) scores in comparison to placebo4 whereas 80 mg of lavender oil was observed to be as effective as an SSRI.
- Neural communication through action potentials and neurotransmitter signalling plays a significant role in anxiety and low mood. Increased glutamate and/or reduced GABA activity and an increased influx through the voltage-gated calcium channels can lead to neuronal excitation in mild anxiety.5,6 Lemon balm reduces neuronal excitation by helping to inhibit the degradation of GABA7 Lavender oil's anxiolytic and mood-enhancing activity may be due to the modulation of serotonin and dopamine, as well as endocannabinoid activity and modulation of voltage-gated calcium channels.8
- Helps to regulate autonomic and HPA axis overactivity, reducing physical symptoms of anxiety. 200 mg of theanine may address the sympathetic nervous system response to stress such as regulating heart rate variability, as well as modulating the cortisol response.9 Lemon balm has been shown to reduce heart palpitations.10
- Supports neuronal resilience to stress. Uncontrollable and prolonged stress reduces neurogenesis in the hippocampus, associated with a depletion of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), linked to low mood, anxiety and dysfunctional stress response. Lavender oil may help to improve neuroplasticity11 and lemon balm and theanine may help to modulate BDNF and neurogenesis.12, 13
- 200 mg of theanine increases α-brain wave activity14, inducing mental relaxation as well as improving reaction time amongst anxiety subjects with mild anxiety compared to placebo.15
- Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe contains a low caffeine green tea extract, and AquaCelle, a self-emulsifying delivery system to improve the absorption of lipophilic ingredients.
|NeuroCalm||NeuroCalm Soothe||NeuroCalm Sleep|
|Patient Presentation||Anxious and tense||Panicky and low mood||Anxious and poor sleep|
|Modulates calming effects of GABA||YES||YES||YES|
|Lessen excitatory effects of glutamate||YES||YES||YES|
|Supports neuroplasticity, neurogenesis and mood balance||YES|
|Supports alpha brain wave activity, for mental relaxation||YES|
|Sedative and hypnotic||YES|
Ingredients: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
|Each capsule contains:|
|Dry herbal extracts:|
|Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm), leaf||120mg|
|Derived from dry leaf||6g|
|Camellia sinensis (Green tea), leaf||250mg|
|Derived from dry leaf||40g|
|Std. to Theanine||100mg|
Excipients: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
Calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, Colloidal anhydrous silica, dl-alpha-tocopherol acetate, Ethoxylated hydrogenated castor oil, Glyceryl monooleate, Hypromellose, Lecithin, Lime oil coldpressed, Magnesium stearate, Medium chain triglycerides, Microcrystalline cellulose, Olive oil, Povidone, Purified water, Silicon dioxide and Sorbitol.
Allergen Advice: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast and soy protein.
Warnings: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: email@example.com.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Storage: Metagenics NeuroCalm Soothe
Store below 30° C