Metagenics Alergenics 202g
Product Video: Metagenics Alergenics
Directions: Metagenics Alergenics
Children 2 to 3 years:
Add 1/4 level metric teaspoon (0.9g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Children 3 to 4 years:
Add 1/2 level metric teaspoon (1.8g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Children 5 to 8 years:
Add 2/3 level metric teaspoon (2.4g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Children 9 to 12 years:
Add 1 level metric teaspoon (3.6g) to 100 mL water twice daily with food.
Adults and children over 13 years:
Add 2 level metric teaspoons (7.2g) to 200 mL water twice daily with food.
Or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Benefits: Metagenics Alergenics
- Metagenics Alergenics helps to increase allergic tolerance and reduce allergic reactions by addressing underlying factors of allergy such as immune dysfunction, inflammation, detoxification processes and gut barrier function (Figure 1).
- Supports immune regulation and function: Glutamine and Shiitake increase secretory IgA (sIgA) secretion to prevent antigen adhesion and translocation through the luminal epithelial surface.v, vi Baical skullcap and Reishi help to regulate T helper 1 (Th1) and T helper 2 (Th2) balance.vii, viii Baical skullcap also exerts an anti-allergic effect by regulating T cell-mediated responses including decreasing IgE and increasing IgG2.ix
- Reduces intestinal permeability and inhibits allergen permeation. Baical skullcapx, glutamine, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin D act upon tight junctions of intestinal epithelium.xi Baical Skullcap may attenuate a food allergic response by inhibiting allergen permeation.xii
- Symptomatic relief of allergies via anti-inflammatory and mast cell stabilising mechanisms. Alergenics contains Baical skullcap, Milk thistle and Reishi which inhibit the release of histamine from mast cells.xiii In a randomised controlled trial, Perilla frutescens leaf extract was shown to suppress immunoglobulin response and inflammation in mild allergic rhinitis.xiv Choline intake leads to an increase in membrane phosphatidyl cholinexv and may be effective in relieving urticaria and allergic rhinitis symptoms.xvi Vitamin D may also exert an anti-inflammatory effect due to suppressing the production of Matrix Metalloproteinases (MMPs),xvii which may play an active role in allergic rhinitis.xviii
- Supports detoxification processes. Detoxification processes may help to remove immunologically active material, which reduces the potential of immune reactions.xox Milk thistle helps the liver’s natural detoxification processes.
Figure 1: How to Build Tolerance by Addressing the Underlying Contributing Factors.
Ingredients: Metagenics Alergenics
|Each 7.2 g dose (2 level metric tsp) of Metagenics Alergenics contains:|
|Extracts equivalent to:|
|Lentinula edodes, fruiting body dry (Shiitake)||6.0g|
|Ganoderma lucidum, fruiting body dry (Reishi)||6.0g|
|Silybum marianum, seed dry (Milk thistle)||6.0g|
|Standardised to flavanolignans calc. as silybin||72mg|
|Scutellaria baicalensis, root dry (Baical skullcap)||3.0g|
|Perilla frutescens, leaf dry (Perilla)||2.5g|
|Zinc amino acid chelate (Meta Zn® - Zinc bisglycinate)||30mg|
|Equivalent Vitamin A||750μg RE|
|Equivalent Vitamin D||500IU|
μg = microgram
Metagenics Alergenics is free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and starches. Free from artificial colours and flavours.
Alergenics is sweetened with stevia.
Warnings: Metagenics Alergenics
When taken in excess of 3000 micrograms retinol equivalents – vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are considering becoming pregnant, do not take Vitamin A supplements without consulting your healthcare professional. The recommended daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 700 micrograms retinol equivalents for women and 900 micrograms retinol equivalents for men.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage: Metagenics Alergenics
Store below 30° C