Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
Benefits: Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
- Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 includes eight Chinese herbs, including astragalus, which is traditionally used as an immune tonic to promote immunity, and help reduce the frequency of common colds in Chinese medicine
- In Western herbal medicine, astragalus is traditionally used for stimulating a healthy immune system response and to support the immune system to fight illness
- Astragalus 8 also contains reishi mushroom, which improves immune defences and relieves tiredness, based on traditional use in Chinese medicine
- Astragalus is also traditionally used to promote vitality, help the body deal with stress, and as a replenishing strengthening tonic for qi (life force energy) in Chinese medicine
Dosage: Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
Take 2 tablets once a day or as professionally prescribed.
Take 2 tablets two times a day to relieve fatigue, support defensive qi and strengthen lung qi, based on traditional use in Chinese medicine.
How It Works: Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
Astragalus: traditionally used to enhance immune defences in Chinese medicine
Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 contains the herb astragalus, which is traditionally used in Chinese medicine to promote the immune defences of the body, to improve overall immunity.
Astragalus is traditionally taken in Western herbal medicine to stimulate a healthy immune system response as well as to support the immune system in fighting illness.
Considered an immune tonic herb in Chinese medicine, astragalus is also traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds.
Reishi mushroom: traditionally used to improve immunity in Chinese medicine
In Chinese medicine, reishi mushroom is traditionally taken to enhance immune system health and relieve tiredness and general feelings of weakness.
Astragalus: traditionally taken to strengthen Qi in Chinese medicine
Qi (pronounced ‘chee’) is a type of life force energy. In Chinese medicine, it’s traditionally considered responsible for fuelling all bodily functions. According to Chinese medicine, when your qi is depleted, you might feel like you lack vitality or catch colds frequently.1
Astragalus is traditionally used in Chinese medicine as a restorative qi tonic that also promotes protective Qi (a specific type of Qi traditionally believed to form part of the body’s immune defences against infection), and strengthens lung qi.2
Astragalus is also traditionally taken to enhance vitality, as well as to help the body cope with and adapt to stress in Chinese medicine.
- Hou JP, Jin Y. The healing power of Chinese herbs and medicinal recipes. Routledge, 2005.
- Elias J, Ketcham K. Chinese medicine for maximum immunity. Three Rivers Press, 1998.
Ingredients: Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
|Each Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8 tablet contains extracts equivalent to dry:|
|Astragalus membranaceus (Astragalus) root||3g (3000mg)|
|Ligustrum lucidum (Ligustrum) fruit||1g (1000mg)|
|Atractylodes macrocephala (Atractylodes ) root||750mg|
|Codonopsis pilosula (Codonopsis) root||750mg|
|Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) fruiting body||650mg|
|Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian Ginseng) root||450mg|
|Schisandra chinensis (Schisandra) fruit||300mg|
|Glycyrrhiza uralensis (Licorice) root and stolon||100mg|
Free From: Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
NO artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Warnings: Oriental Botanicals Astragalus 8
Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Not to be used in children under 5 years of age without supervision of your healthcare practitioner.
Don’t use during acute infection, particularly when fever is present.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your health professional.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
No added artificial flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products.