Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte 60 VegeCaps
Directions: Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily.
Benefits: Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte
- LGG® is one of the world’s most researched probiotic strains with 1000+ scientific publications and over 300 in humans.1 Isolated by Gorbach and Goldin in 1985, LGG® has unique hair-like appendages called pili which increase its persistence in the gastrointestinal tract where it is able to exert positive health benefits.2 A direct comparison of commercialised GG probiotics (against LGG®) showed major DNA segments to be missing with pili encoding genes among these.3 Manufacturing and growth mediums can also effect both the genetic expression and survival of pili.4 Metagenics have exclusively used trademarked LGG® since 2008, guaranteeing strain and manufacturing authenticity, and matching the majority of human clinical trials.
- Immunological Use: Immune support: LGG® is immune modulating with the lower dose range (1 billion – 10 billion CFU) supporting immune response and has been shown to reduce upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs) and colds (particularly in children).5
- Allergy: Higher doses of LGG® (20 billion CFU ) have been shown to up regulate anti-inflammatory interleukins (IL-10)6 and down regulate ImmunoglobulinE (IgE) synthesis.7In addition to a significant amount of research in infants and prenatally, a 2015 clinical trial showed a reduction in peanut allergy in children when used in conjunction with a desensitisation program.8 Metagenics supports Professor Mimi Tang’s research in childhood food allergy at the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute and are product suppliers for a follow-up study in peanut allergy.
- Gastrointestinal Use: Diarrhoea: LGG® (10-20 billion CFU) reduces the frequency, severity and duration of diarrhoea – viral, travellers and also antibiotic associated.10
- Microbiome Use: Regeneration of core commensal (native) gut flora: More recently DNA sequencing of the microbiome has shown LGG® has the ability to influence and regenerate commensal bacterial families.11
- Prenatal Use: LGG® has a wide body of evidence showing reduced allergy, eczema and atopy when taken prenatally.12, 13, 14 More recent research has shown support for maternal glucose control, maternal and childhood obesity15 and reduced incidence of childhood behavioural complaints (when taken during pregnancy and infancy).16
Figure 1: LGG® with Pili (Hair-Like Appendages) to Maximise Mucosal Adhesion.
Figure 2: LGG® Mucus Adhesion v GG Mutants.
Ingredients: Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte
Each capsule contains:
Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG®)
20 billion CFU (organisms)
Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte is free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts and soy protein. Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte is free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Warnings: Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: email@example.com. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Storage: Metagenics Ultra Flora LGG Forte
Dispensary storage (until dispensed): Store at 2°C to 8°C. (Refrigerate. Do not freeze.)
At home storage: Store at room temperature (up to 30°C) for 60 days.
The live probiotic bacteria are kept at full strength by PROTECTAIR™ moisture defence technology. Alternatively store in the fridge until expiry.