Metagenics Parex 50 tablets
Product Video: Metagenics Parex
Metagenics Gut Pathogen Elimination Program
Directions: Metagenics Parex
Take 1 tablet three times daily with food.
Benefits: Metagenics Parex
- Metagenics Parex contains a potent herbal formulation used for their broad spectrum anti-pathogenic properties in traditional Chinese, Western and Ayurvedic herbal medicine.
- Antiparasitic and anthelmintic – Pomegranate peel extract may reduce and eliminate parasitic cyst shedding due to the presence of metabolic toxins, which has a direct effect on parasitic intestinal growth and cyst formation.7 Nigella and Myrrh may exert antiparasitic action via immunomodulatory effects.8,9 Artemisinin, a constituent from Sweet wormwood has multiple antiparasitic and antiprotozoal actions including formation of free radicals which can alter biochemical pathways within the parasite and mediate eradication.10 Parex contains Pomegranate, Nigella, Myrrh and Black Walnut which have been used in traditional Western Herbal Medicine to assist in the expulsion of intestinal worms from the body.11,12,13,14
- Antifungal – Artemisinins possess antifungal activity via multiple mechanisms including disruption to fungal mitochondrial function.15 Pomegranate peel extract, specifically the polyphenol component punicalagin has been shown to inhibit biofilm formation in fungi and bacteria.16,17 Punicalagin, may inhibit the growth of microbial co-aggregation and exhibits antifungal activity by deprivation of substrates and direct action on microbial metabolism.18
- Antimicrobial – the sesquiterpenes in Myrrh interact with bacterial cell envelopes which leads to the disruption of cell membranes and subsequently, bacteriolysis.19 Peppermint oil may also inhibit the formation of microbial biofilms via damaging microbial cytoplasmic membranes.20
- Microbiome health – Dysbiosis is the imbalance of good and bad bacteria, occurring predominantly in both the small and large intestine. Pomegranate peel not only exerts antimicrobial activity but has a prebiotic effect, positively modulating gut microbiota towards bifidobacterium and possesses significant anti-inflammatory activity in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Reduces symptoms of dyspepsia and mild digestive discomfort.23,24
- A part of the Metagenics Clinical Detoxification Program. Metagenics Parex has been included in the four week Gut Pathogen Elimination Program, which is designed to manage dysbiosis and maintain a healthy gut microbial balance.
Ingredients: Metagenics Parex
|Each tablet contains:|
|Punica granatum, fruit peel dry (Pomegranate)||3.3g|
|Artemisia annua, herb dry (Sweet wormwood)||2.0g|
|Juglans nigra, fruit hull fresh (Black Walnut)||1.0g|
|Nigella sativa, seed dry (Nigella)||1.0g|
|Commiphora myrrha, gum oleoresin dry (Myrrh)||1.0g|
Free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches.
Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Warnings: Metagenics Parex
Do not use if pregnant or likely to become pregnant.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Storage: Metagenics Parex
Store below 30° C