Medlab NanoCelle Activated B12 30 mL
Dose & Administration: Medlab NanoCelle Activated B12
Deliver two (2) sprays into the mouth once per day before meals, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Details: Medlab NanoCelle Activated B12
Medlab NanoCelle™ Activated B12 may assist in the management of dietary vitamin B12 deficiency as may occur in vegetarians, vegans, the elderly, and those taking certain medications that lower stomach acid. Mecobalamin is a biologically active form of vitamin B12 that is involved in the methylation of homocysteine to methionine, therefore helping to lower serum homocysteine levels. Vitamin B12 is required for red blood cell production, synthesis of myelin that is vital to healthy neurological function and DNA methylation. Medlab NanoCelle™ delivers nanoparticle-sized molecules of the vitamin for absorption across the oral buccal mucosa, bypassing the gastrointestinal tract.
Features/Indications: Medlab NanoCelle Activated B12
- Medlab NanoCelle™ Activated B12 may assist in the management of dietary vitamin B12 deficiency.
- The vitamin B12 nanoparticles have an average size between 100 nm to 300 nm (0.1-0.3 microns).
- Vitamin B12 is a cofactor involved in the methylation cycle that involves protein and DNA methylation and synthesis of nucleotides (purines and pyrimidines).
- Vitamin B12 is essential for DNA synthesis.
- Methionine is required for the synthesis of myelin and therefore vitamin B12 is required for healthy myelin production and nerve impulses.
- Vitamin B12 is required for red blood cell production (erythropoiesis) and other haematological cells.
- Vitamin B12 is a mitochondrial enzyme cofactor involved in the synthesis of succinyl-CoA from amino acids and fatty acids which then enters the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle for energy (ATP) production in cells.
- Vitamin B12 is an essential cofactor for the conversion of homocysteine to methionine.
- Vitamin B12 may assist in lowering plasma homocysteine levels.
- Vitamin B12 supports healthy neurological function.
- Suitable for population groups at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency, including strict vegetarians and vegans, due to dietary vitamin B12 being obtained from foods of animal origin including meat, fish, dairy and eggs.
- Suitable for population groups at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency, including the elderly who are reported to have lower serum concentrations of vitamin B12 than their younger counter parts. Low stomach acid secretion reported in the elderly results in decreased bioavailability of vitamin B12 from food.
- Methylcobalamin is a biologically active form of vitamin B12.
Ingredients & Excipients: Medlab NanoCelle Activated B12
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS||Per 2 sprays (0.3 ml) contains|
|Vitamin B12 (as Mecobalamin)||1000 mcg|
|Modified vegetable oil|
|Anhydrous citric acid|
Cautions/Contra-Indications: Medlab NanoCelle Activated B12
Contains potassium sorbate.
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Vitamin B12 has a low risk of side-effects when taken as directed.
Some medications interfere with vitamin B12 such as proton pump inhibitors, metformin and chloramphenicol if taken for extended duration.