Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
Benefits: Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL is a great-tasting chewable tablet providing a clinically effective concentration of deglycyrrhizinated licorice in a convenient tablet dosage form.
Licorice relieves a broad range of gastrointestinal and respiratory symptoms.
- Clinically effective 400mg dose of deglycyrrhizinated licorice per tablet
- Formulated to enhance absorption by the gastric mucosa for improved efficacy and to prevent adverse symptoms associated with licorice
- Great tasting chewable tablets naturally sweetened with xylitol and stevia for improved compliance
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Recommended Use: Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
Chew 1 tablet 20 minutes prior to each meal or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Active Ingredients: Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
|Each Tablet Contains:|
|Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) extract||400mg|
|- Equivalent to dry root||4g|
Excipients: Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
Warnings: Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Products containing xylitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
References: Bioclinic Naturals Chewable DGL
- Pastorino G, Cornara L, Soares S, Rodrigues F. Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra): a phytochemical and pharmacological review. Phytother Res 2018; doi: 10.1002/ptr.6178.
- Pandey S, Verma b, Arya P. A review on constituents, pharmacological activities and medicinal uses of Glycyrrhiza glabra. Univ J Pharma Res 2017; 2 (2): 6-11. Braun L, Cohen M. Herbs and natural supplements: an evidence-based guide, 4th edn. vol 2. Elsevier: Australia, 2015.
- Braun L, Cohen M. Herbs and natural supplements: an evidence-based guide, 4th edn. vol 2. Elsevier: Australia, 2015.
- Al-Snafi E. Glycyrrhiza glabra: a phytochemical and pharmacological review. J Pharm 2018; 8 (6): 1-17.
- Asha MK, Debraj D, Prashanth D, Edwin JR, Srikanth HS, Muruganantham N et al. In vitro anti-Helicobacter pylori activity of a flavonoid rich extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra and its probable mechanisms of action. J Ethnopharmacology 2013; 145 (2): 581-586.
- Vibha JB, Choudhary K, Singh M, Rathmore MS, Shekhawat NS. A study on pharmacokinetics and therapeutic of Glycyrrhiza glabra: a miracle medicinal herb. Bot Res Int 2009; 2 (3): 157-163.
- Bahmani M, Rafieian-Kopaei M, Jeloudari M, Eftekhari Z, Delfan B, Zargaran A et al. A review of the health effects and uses of drugs of plant licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra L.) in Iran. Asian Pac J Trop Dis. 2014; 4 (Suppl 2): S847-S849.
- Peterson CT, Sharma V, Uchitel S, Denniston K, Chopra D, Mills PJ, Peterson SN. Prebiotic potential of herbal medicines used in digestive health and disease. J Altern Complement Med 2018 Jul; 24 (7): 656-665.
- Jeon YD, Bang KS, Shin MK, Lee JH, Chang YN, Jin JS. Regulatory effects of glycyrrhizae radix extract on DSS-induced ulcerative colitis. BMC Complem Altern Med 2016 Nov 16; 16 (1): 459.
- Thiyagarajan P, Chandrasekaran CV, Deepak HB, Agarwal A. Modulation of lipopolysaccharide-induced pro-inflammatory mediators by an extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra and its phytoconstituents. Inflammopharmacology 2011 Aug; 19 (4): 235-241.
- Jalilzadeh-Amin G, Najarnezhad V, Anassori E, Mostafavi M, Keshipour H. Antiulcer properties of Glycyrrhiza glabra L. extract on experimental models of gastric ulcer in mice. Iran J Pharm Res 2015 Autumn 14 (4): 1163-1170.
- Hajiaghamohammadi AA, Zargar A, Oveisi S, Samimi R, Reisian S. To evaluate the effect of adding licorice to the standard treatment regimen of Helicobacter pylori. Braz J Infect Dis 2016; 20 (6): 534-538.
- Bone K. A clinical guide to blending liquid herbs. Churchill Livingstone: Australia. 2003.
- Asha MK, Debraj D, Dethe S, Bhaskar A, Muruganantham N, Deepak M. Effect of flavonoid-rich extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra on gut-friendly microorganisms, commercial probiotic preparations and digestive enzymes. J Diet Suppl 2016; 14 (3): 323-333.
- Raveendra KR, Jayachandra, Srinivasa V, Sushma KR, Allan JJ, Goudar KS et al. An extract of Glycyrrhiza glabra (GutGard) alleviates symptoms of functional dyspepsia: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled study. Evid Based Comp Altern Med 2012; Article ID 216970.
- Pleskanovskaya SA, Mamedova M, Ashiraliyeva MA, Altay V, Ozturk M. Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) in Turkmenistan: medicinal and biological aspects. Plant Hum Health 2019; 3: 23-35.
- Siriwattanasatorn M, Panthong S, Itharat A. Antimicrobial activities of medicinal plants mostly used for acute pharyngitis treatment. J Med Assoc Thai 2016 Jul; 99 Suppl 4; S144-52.
- Grienke U, Braun H, Seidel N, Kirchmair J, Richter M, Krumbholz A et al. Computer-guided approach to access the anti-influenza activity of licorice constituents. J Nat Prod 2014 Mar 28; 77 (3): 563-70.
- Mousa HAL. Prevention and treatment of influenza, influenza-like illness and common cold by herbal, complementary and natural therapies. J Evid Based Comp Altern Med 2017 Jan; 22 (1): 166-174.
- Feng Yeh C, Wang KC, Chiang LC, Shieh DE, Yen MH, San Chang J. Water extract of licorice had anti-viral activity against human respiratory syncytial virus in human respiratory tract cell lines. J Ethnopharmacol 2013 Jul 9; 148 (2): 466-73.