BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable 60 tabs
Dose: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
Adults: Dissolve 1 tablet in mouth once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Features: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
- Contains methylcobalamin, the form of B12 that is active in the human body, bypassing the conversion requirements of the cyanocobalamin form.
- Sublingual tablet for oral delivery and absorption via passive diffusion across mucosal membranes.
- Supplements dietary vitamin B12 intake.
- Suitable for population groups at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency, including the elderly and vegetarians.
- Flavour free, chewable tablet for sublingual absorption.
Ingredients: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
|Each sublingual tablet contains:|
|Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (active vitamin B12)||5000mcg|
Excipients: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
Ingredient Summary: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
Methylcobalamin is one of the coenzyme forms of B12 that are active in human metabolism. (The other is 5-deoxyadenosylcobalamin.)
It metabolically serves as a cofactor for the enzymes methionine synthase and L-methylmalonyl-CoA mutase and is involved in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine and of L-methylmalonyl-coenzyme A (CoA) to succinyl-CoA.
In the blood, methylcobalamin comprises 60-80% of total plasma cobalamin.
Many vitamin B12 supplements on the market contain the cyanocobalamin form of B12. The liver is able to convert a small amount of cyanocobalamin to methylcobalamin; however, methylcobalamin is the preferred form since it is the bioactive form and therefore better utilised.
Human urinary excretion of methylcobalamin is about one-third that of a similar dose of cyanocobalamin, indicating substantially greater tissue retention.
One of the ways in which B12 is absorbed is by passive diffusion across mucosal membranes. B12 oral supplementation may therefore be an effective method of delivery and carries the added benefits of lower cost and ease of administration.[2,3]
Recommended dosage is 1000-6000mcg per day. No significant therapeutic advantage appears to occur from dosages exceeding this maximum dose.
BioCeuticals is the first in Australia to offer the metabolically active form of vitamin B12 at a 5000mcg dose to practitioners.
Vitamin B12 is required for:
- nervous system function
- plasma homocysteine levels
- DNA synthesis and normal cell division
- red blood cell production
- immune function
Warnings: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Contains lactose (milk sugar).
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Always read label. Use only as directed.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use.
Companion Products: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
Content for Companion Products
References: BioCeuticals Methyl B12 Chewable
Content for References