Metagenics pH Test Strips
- To measure acid/alkaline balance: Metagenics pH test kit is an easy to use and accurate urinary test kit to measure the acid/alkaline balance of your patients' urine. A colour comparison chart is provided on the bottle for easy reference, ranging from 4.0 to 8.5 (Figure One).
- A 2007 review study has shown 4.0 g to 8.0 g of potassium citrate per day to assist urinary alkalisation and reduce acidity over two weeks. Potassium citrate was shown to assist in urinary alkalisation by significantly reducing urinary calcium excretion and increasing urinary citrate excretion.1
- Can be used in conjunction with CalmX or G-Tox Express: Metagenics CalmX provides 4.0 g of potassium citrate per day, alongside 700 mg of magnesium.Metagenics G-Tox Express also contains potassium citrate at 4.0 g of potassium citrate per day. G-Tox Express is part of theMetagenics Integrated Detoxification Program.
Figure One: Urinary pH ranges.
For consistent results use in the morning.
- Step 1:Dip the indicator patches into fluid stream or still fluid for one to three seconds.
- Step 2:Match the indicator patches to the colour chart. The number to the left of the row is the pH level.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia on 02 4369 7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Store below 30° C