BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care 30 caps
Dose: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
Adults: Take 1 capsule in the morning and 1 capsule at night, daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Features: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
- BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care contains CE15, a highly concentrated cranberry extract standardised to provide 36mg proanthocyanidins per daily dose.
- Cranberry and L. plantarum both inhibit the binding of E. coli to the wall of the urogenital tract, reducing the incidence and frequency of recurrent cystitis.
- plantarum may assist in the restoration and maintenance of healthy flora in the urogenital tract, guarding against recurrent cystitis and colonisation of pathogenic bacteria.
- Cranberry may assist in relieving and alleviating urinary odour with incontinence by reducing fermentation of unfriendly bacteria.
- Pomegranate is a rich source of the antioxidant ellagic acid.
- Vitamin D stimulates the body’s antimicrobial defence system in the urogenital tract.
- Modified release capsules, to ensure the pomegranate and lactobacilli reach the lower intestinal tract where ellagic acid is metabolised at greater efficacy.
Ingredients: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
|Each vegetarian capsule contains:|
|Lactobacillus plantarum (Lp-115)||12.5 billion CFU|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lr-32)||1.5 billion CFU|
|Herbal extract standardised equiv. to fresh:|
|Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) fruit juice - CE15||57g|
|equiv. to proanthocyanidins calculated as procyanidin A2||18mg|
|Herbal extract equiv. to dry:|
|Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit peel||3.75g|
|equiv. to ellagic acid||40mg|
|equiv. vitamin D3||500IU|
Excipients: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care has No Added Dairy, No Added Gluten, Pregnancy Friendly, No Added Shellfish, No Added Soy Protein, Vegetarian Friendly, No added Yeast.
Ingredient Summary: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon)
About 25% of women experience recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs), with almost 95% being caused by E. coli. UltraBiotic Urinary Care is an evidence-based formula to help reduce the adherance of pathogenic bacteria and promote a healthy urogenital tract. Cranberry contains strong antioxidant proanthocyanidins (PACs) that are active against E. coli, helping to reduce the frequency of recurrent cystitis.
According to a 2012 Cochrane review, cranberry must be standardised to at least 36mg proanthocyanidins daily in divided doses to effectively reduce the adherence of E. coli to the urinary epithelium and reduce the frequency of UTIs. Divided dosing maintains a stronger urinary concentration of PACs over a longer period, enabling the PACs to maintain their ability to reduce the adhesion of E. coli to the urinary epithelium over 24 hours (figure 2b).
L. plantarum competitively inhibits the proliferation of pathogens in the urogenital and intestinal tracts, allowing good bacteria to flourish. Lactobacilli produce lactic acid, creating an acidic environment in the urogenital tract. Through the creation of an acidic environment, along with competitive inhibition at the D-mannose receptor (figure 2b), they may help to deter the adherence of pathogenic bacteria to the urogenital epithelium. Lactobacilli may also assist in the maintenance of healthy vaginal flora.
Lactobacillus plantarum and ellagic acid
L. plantarum works to liberate ellagic acid found in pomegranate by helping to cleave and break the bonds of indigestable ellagitannin complexes with its tannase activity (figure 1). This frees up the antioxidant ellagic acid, helping it to reduce the ability of urinary E. coli to reproduce by impacting on its DNA replication (figure 2d).
Vitamin D3 stimulates innate cathelicidin production in the urinary epithelium when exposed to pathogenic bacteria (figure 2c). Cathelicidin is a potent endogenous antimicrobial, used as a first-line defence by the body.
Warnings: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
- If pain and irritation persists for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor.
- The presence of blood in the urine warrants immediate medical attention.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Companion Products: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
- BioCeuticals ArmaForce
- BioCeuticals Paracea Forte
- BioCeuticals SB Floractiv
- BioCeuticals UltraBiotic FEMI
References: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic Urinary Care
 Howell AB. Bioactive compounds in cranberries and their role in prevention of urinary tract infections. Mol Nutr Food Res 2007;51:732-737.
 Jepson RG, Williams G, Craig JC. Cranberries for preventing urinary tract infections. Cochrane Database for System Reviews 2012, issue 10.
 Gross G, Snel J, Boekhorst MA, et al. Biodiversity of mannose-specific adhesion in Lactobacillus plantarum revisited: strain-specific domain composition of the mannose-adhesin. Beneficial Microbes 2010;1(1):61-66.
 Osawa R, Kuroiso K, Goto S, et al. Isolation of tannin-degrading Lactobacilli from humans and fermented foods. Appl Environ Microbiol 2000;66(7):3093-3097.
 Weidner-Wells MA, Altom J, Fernandez J, et al. DNA gyrase inhibitory activity of ellagic and derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 1998;8:97-100.
 Zasloff M. Antimicrobia peptides, innate immunity, and the normally sterile urinary tract. J Am Soc Nephrol 2007;18:2810-2816.
 Braun L, Cohen M. Herbs and natural supplements: an evidence-based guide, 3rd ed. Sydney: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2010.
 Hawrelak JA. Probiotics. In: Pizzorno JE, Murray MT (Eds), Textbook of natural medicine, 3rd ed (pp.1195-1215). St Louis: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2006.