Metagenics Krill Oil 30 capsules
Product Description: Metagenics Krill Oil
In healthy people Metagenics krill oil may:
- Help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.1
- Assists in the maintenance of healthy LDL/HDL cholesterol ratio.1
- One a day capsule to improve patient compliance.
Directions: Metagenics Krill Oil
Take 1 capsule daily with food.
Clinical Benefits: Metagenics Krill Oil
Cardiovascular Essential Fatty Acids Free from Soy protein Free from Nuts and Seeds Lactose free Gluten free Dairy protein free Free from corn
- A randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial was completed on 120 subjects using krill oil. Krill oil may assist in the maintenance of a healthy LDL:HDL cholesterol ratio in healthy people. After 12 weeks, the group taking 1.0 g of krill oil daily had a 13.4% difference in mean total cholesterol, where the group taking 2.0 g of krill oil had an 18.1% difference in mean total cholesterol. Additionally, HDL was also affected (Figure One).1
- Krill oil may also assist in the maintenance of triglycerides within the healthy range in healthy people. The mechanism behind krill oil's effect on cholesterol may be owed to its unique molecular composition of phospholipids and omega-3 acids.1
Figure One: Krill Oil May Help Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels.1
Bunea R, El Farrah K and Deutsch L. Evaluation of the effects of Neptune Krill Oil on the clinical course of hyperlipidemia. Altern Med Rev. 2004 ;9(4):420-8.
- Highly stabilised EPA/DHA with antioxidant properties: Krill oil is high in naturally occurring antioxidant components, such as vitamins A and E and the carotenoid astaxanthin. One of the mechanisms that krill oil may work by is to reduce lipid peroxidation.2
- Krill oil may help maintain cardiovascular health in healthy individuals.1 The EPA and DHA found in krill oil are highly bioavailable as they are linked to phospholipids, improving the transport of these fatty acids through the intestinal wall 1,2
Ingredients: Metagenics Krill Oil
|Each capsule contains:|
|Euphausia superba oil (Krill NKO™)||1g|
Free from corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches and salt.
Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Warnings: Metagenics Krill Oil
Not suitable for patients with a shellfish allergy (krill is a small crustacean).
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia by email: email@example.com.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
Storage: Metagenics Krill Oil
Store below 30°C