Metagenics Acetyl-L-Carnitine 100 g oral powder
Assists With The Conversion Of Fatty Acids Into Energy
Size: 100 g oral powder (33 or 17 days)
Metagenics Acetyl-L-Carnitine has been shown to or may:
- Play a role in energy production and lipid metabolism.1
- Help the symptoms of physical and mental fatigue.2
- Acetyl-L-carnitine is a bioavailable form of carnitine.3
- Energy production and lipid metabolism: Acetyl-L-carnitine plays an important role in energy production by transporting long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria for fuel.1 Acetyl-L-carnitine may also be helpful in providing neuroprotection by supporting brain energy metabolism.4,5
- A randomised, placebo, controlled trial measured the effectiveness of 2.0 g of Acetyl-L-carnitine taken twice daily by elderly subjects with fatigue. Acetyl-L-carnitine illustrated a 52% overall improvement in physical fatigue compared to a 4% improvement in the placebo group. There were significant improvements in a variety of physical fatigue parameters including a 49% improvement in prolonged fatigue after exercise and a 27% improvement in muscular pain. Acetyl-L-carnitine also significantly improved mental fatigue by 43% (Figure One).2 In a separate clinical trial, Acetyl-L-carnitine supported cognitive function including concentration in 481 elderly subjects with mild mental impairment.6
Figure One: N-Acetyl Carnitine Helps Improve the Symptoms of Physical and Mental Fatigue.
Malaguarnera M, Gargante MP et al. Acetyl L-carnitine (ALC) treatment in elderly patients with fatigue. Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2008; 46(2):181-90
Each 3.0 g dose contains:
Acetyl levocarnitine hydrochloride
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Adults and children over 5 years:Take 1 level scoop (3.0 g) once or twice daily in juice.
Not all cautions and contraindications are listed. For full details, references or more information contact HealthMasters in Australia on 02 4369 7770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Store below 30° C